Welcome to Keen Lake’s Pet Beach, a beach exclusively for your furry friends!
Keep Your Pets Safe
• Please be sure that your pet has the proper vaccines for ticks. Ask your vet for his recommendation. If you are spending time in the country anywhere, it is unlikely that your pet will not encounter a tick here and there. Check your pets for ticks, too!
• If your pet becomes ill while you are staying at Keen Lake:
• Carbondale Veterinary Hospital—570 282 0744 198 Canaan Street, Carbondale Route 6 West to Business 6 (exit 7) to Canaan Street. Clinic on left about .05 miles (Open daily Sunday through Saturday at noon) Closest clinic to Keen Lake
• Cherry Ridge Veterinary Clinic 570 253 2402 327 Wanoka Road, Honesdale Keen Lake Road to Waymart (1.2 miles) At stop sign turn left and travel one mile on Belmont Street to Owego Turnpike. Turn left (just passed the Crossroads Restaurant) on Owego. Travel 7.4 miles and turn left on Wanoka Road. The clinic is .03 miles on the right. (Hours M/Th 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Tue/Wed 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. /Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. /Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Closed Sundays)
• Pet Referral and Emergency Clinic 570 587 7777 318 Northern Boulevard, Clarks Summit, PA/ Route 6 West to 81 North, Exit 194. Merge onto US 11 South towards Scranton. Clinic is one mile on left. This is the only Emergency Pet Clinic open 24 hours.
Pet Owner’s Responsibilities
• Owners must have papers for each of their pets showing that their shots are up to date.
• A maximum of two pets per site (rental unit) is permitted unless approved in advance by management. (If you are staying in a pet-approved rental unit, please discuss pet fees in advance of booking your holiday. There is no pet fee charged for any family camping in their own RV/Tent/etc.)
• Guests who visit you may not bring pets with them.
• Please be respectful of your neighbors. It is the pet owner’s responsibility to insure that their pets barking is controlled at all times. Only you know your pet. Please do not leave pets unattended if they will bark in your absence.
• Pets are NEVER to be off leash. When pets are on your site, please tether them to a strong durable tether that will not allow them to extend off the site in any direction.
• Keep pets on a short leash when walking them. We strongly recommend that children do not walk pets. There are many pets at Keen Lake—even the most benign pet can behave unpredictably when an unexpected situation occurs.
• Owners are liable for the actions of their pet.
• Owners must travel with vaccination documentation of their pet, to be presented upon request.
• With the exception of service dogs, pets are not permitted on the people beach, the pool deck, the game room, movie lounge, RED Barn or at scheduled activities. Your pet is invited to enjoy swimming and sunning at the Keen Lake Pet Beach.
• Under the American Disabilities ACT, service animals are to be harnessed, leashed or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents their using these devices. In such a case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls. ADA service dogs must be housebroken.
• Please leave exotic pets at home.
• There is an opportunity for you to see wildlife but DO NOT FEED WILD animals, particularly geese under any circumstances.
• Do not invite wildlife to your campsite by leaving out food. This includes leaving pet food outside—a sure way to lure mice, an errant skunk or other larger animals to your site.
• Dispose of properly bagged garbage in the dumpsters in a timely manner.
• NO BIRD FEEDERS! These attract wildlife, especially bears.
• We do not permit hunting on our property at any time of the year.
• Please enjoy the wildlife around you, but be respectful and permit the herons and eagles and deer, etc. to enjoy their natural habitat without interference.