Greetings from the lake! We hope this day finds you and your loved ones healthy and well.
Our 2020 camping and cottage season may look a bit different than last year’s. But as different as it may be, we are truly eager to open our doors to our guests. Our camping community is an amazing and resilient one. We are blessed to be in an industry that is supportive and knowledgeable, and we are grateful to the experts at the state and national level who have helped us navigate this very different world.
We are committed to being responsible citizens as this pandemic reshapes us. Our number one priority is the well being and health of our guests, our staff, our community, and our families. To do this, we are committed to following the guidelines provided the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control.
We have opened our park with great hope. We know for certainty that Covid-19 is fluid. We expect change, and change is not always easy. But we welcome you to the lake and will strive to provide you with the respite you are seeking.
The Keen Sisters
Customer Care Covid-19 Policy: Green Phase
To protect yourself please follow the Center for Disease Control recommendations:
- Clean your hands often. Wash your hands with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds (Sing “Happy Birthday” to yourself twice) especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- If soap and water are not available, please use hand sanitizer. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until dry.
- Avoid touching your mouth, your eyes and your nose.
- Practice social distancing- Maintain 6 feet of space between you and others to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Please stay home if you are sick or are feeling sick
- For a complete list of CDC recommendations please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/.
PENNSYLVANIA STATE MANDATES FOR CAMPGROUNDS AND RESORTS
Pennsylvania gave permission for all campgrounds in the Commonwealth to open on May 1. Campgrounds must follow mandates that will mitigate the spread of Covid-19. The mandates will differ slightly from county to county dependent upon the risk factor of each. Keen Lake is in a Green Phase County. This means that the stay at home order aggressive mitigation has been replaced with all individuals following CDC and PA Dept of health Guidelines. Any in-person operations require (social distancing) allowing six feet of space between individuals, rigorous disinfecting of surfaces, the wearing of cloth masks and the prevention of large gatherings.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health changed their guidelines for wearing masks the week of July 1. Individuals are now to wear masks both when they are inside any business or in our case buildings as well as once they leave their home unless they can consistently socially distance themselves from anyone NOT in their household.
This is how it breaks down for Keen Lake Guests:
In addition to our office, snack bar, boat shed, guests MUST wear masks to enter bathhouses. Masks may be removed to brush your teeth, wash your face and take showers, but please be respectful to other people and wear your mask otherwise.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health requires individuals to wear masks outside when they leave their homes (your tents, your RVs. etc) unless you can CONSISTENTLY socially distance, which requires you to be 6 feet from anyone not in your household.
What is your household? Your household at Keen Lake is anyone who is staying in your RV and with whom you have traveled.
You must wear your mask to gain entrance to the beach.
Lake swimming is available, but water temperatures will be cold. No lifeguards will be on duty. Children under the age of 12 MUST have an adult with them in order to enter the water. No one may swim alone.
- You must wear a mask when entering the beach. Once you have found an area to settle where you can CONSISTENTLY be six feet apart from others not in you household, then you may remove masks.
- You must wear a mask when exiting the beach.
- You must wear a mask when you are seated in the pavilion unless you can be socially distant from others not in your party.
You must wear face masks to attend activities including ceramics, the children’s garden and group games. Once our activity team has socially distanced your children for the game and activities and with your permission, they may remove their masks.
You do not have to wear a mask if you have a medical condition in which your breathing would be compromised or you are a child age 2 and younger. However, you will not be permitted to enter our office or any building except the bathhouse. Call our office and we will try to meet your needs in an other way
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE COVID RULES OF BEHAVIOR?
Social distancing is required. Please maintain a safe distance of 6 feet between you and others. Please explain social distancing to your children. They, too, must observe a safe distance from others. During this green phase, we ask that you keep your children safe. Children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times. They must not enter other people’s sites or use them as a cut through.
- You may invite other Keen Lake campers to gather at your site/campfire as long social distancing is practiced. You must also make sure that you and your guests are socially distanced from all of the campsites next to you.
- Keen Lake is NOT permitting outside visiting guests at this time.
- Please bring sanitizer and balls and sports equipment you think you will use at the lake.
- You do not have to wear a mask if you have a medical condition in which your breathing would be compromised or you are a child age 2 and younger.
WILL YOUR FACILITIES BE OPEN?
- Our office and store and snack bar are open.
- All activity areas are open, including playgrounds and the game room. We will clean these each morning. Sanitizer is available near playgrounds, at bathhouses and at the front of the office.
- Boat rentals are available. If you bring your own boat, you may launch it upon arrival.
- The pool is now closed for the 2020 season.
- The Fire Pit
- The Laundry Room
- The Red Barn Ceramics
- Open Air Movies at the Sunrise Knoll Large Pavilion
NEED TO WORK OR SCHOOL REMOTELY?
The Movie Lounge has been set up with its own WiFi network and can be used for working or schooling remotely. Masks must be worn while in the movie lounge and social distancing must be maintained. Contact the Keen Lake Office if you would like access to this space during your visit.
WHAT IS THERE TO DO?
Although many of our activities that accommodate larger crowds have been cancelled, we have a full, safe activity program in place. And, in addition to our revised activities program, there are still plenty of things you can do to still have fun. Remember fresh air and vitamin D are very important to your overall well-being both mentally and physically! Take the time to stretch and breathe. Grab your kayak or paddleboard. Being on the water is a wonderful way to decompress. Read that book you’ve been meaning to or simply relax in the fresh air. Anglers, throw a line in the water. Explore nature, capture the eagles, herons, or hawks on film, take a walk with your dog, ride a bike, get out on the water! Campfires are the heart and soul of any great camping experience. This a is a great time to hear stories from the past, make up a silly or scary campfire tale, or try a new campfire recipe! Enjoy the company of good friends and family. Laugh heartily!
It’s the best time to gather at the lake!