“It’s time to gather at the lake”
The Hearth has a rustic yet polished interior that makes a charming temporary home in the Poconos. Complete with two bedrooms, the Hearth has a full bathroom upstairs, beautifully furnished kitchen and a living room with sofa sleeper. As does its sister unit (the Haven), the Hearth has a campfire and gathering area in the backyard. There is also a gas grill (propane is provided).
Fees & Deposits: Taxes on rental properties in Wayne County Pennsylvania are assessed at 9 percent (Pennsylvania State Sales Tax is 6%, Wayne County Hotel Room Tax is 3%.)
Security Deposits: Upon your arrival, we require that you provide us with credit card information (MasterCard, Visa, Discover) as security against which sums required to pay for damage, breakage, or extraordinary housecleaning may be charged. No fees are charged at this time. Your credit card information is kept on file in a secure location. Upon your departure, our housekeeping staff will inspect your unit. After a good report is received (99.9 percent of rentals fall into this category), your credit card information will be shredded and an email sent confirming this.) Should damage occur, we will contact you before any charges are made.
- Please leave the unit in the condition in which you find it.
- Please wash dishes and put them away.
- Please bag garbage and place in garbage cans located outside the unit.
- Please remove all personal items, including food.
Cottage Reservation Payment Requirements
- Reservations are accepted with an initial 1/2 deposit upon booking.
- Balance due 30 days prior to arrival (security deposit due upon arrival)
- Personal Checks are accepted as advance deposit only.
- Payment of any additional balance on arrival may be paid via Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Traveler’s Checks, money order or cash.
- An ATM is on premises.
- Cancellations received more than 90 days prior to check-in will be entitled to refund of deposit less $100 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received less than 90 days prior to check-in will result in forfeiture of deposit.